"How We Got the Bible" and "Bible Appreciation Week"
- seminars by Ron Minton -
CONTENT: These are professional seminars on "How We Got the Bible." Theyare presented primarily for church members. No knowledge of Greek is required.
PURPOSE: The seminar is presented from a conservative point of view. The main purposes are:
- To educate and inform Christians about the making of the Bible.
- To confirm and strengthen Christians in an unshakable faith in the Word of God.
- To dispel myths about the Bible.
- To get believers to appreciate, read, and use the Bible more.
- To offer a time of fellowship, refreshing of the spirit, and learning for the pastor and members.
- To bring in visitors. Some churches have successfully used these seminars as an outreach tool.
LENGTH: The length is flexible, but most are 6-7 hours and the attendees receive a 36-page study guide. Shorter and longer presentations are available, but most prefer a 6-7 hour framework.
SCHEDULE: The schedule is flexible and adaptable to your needs, but here are some we have done:
- Two Sundays (Sunday School, AM service, and PM service each week)
- Two or three Sunday mornings (Sunday School, AM service each week)
- A series of Sundays (either Sunday School, AM service, or PM service each week)
- Six hours on Saturday and 2 or 3 on Sunday (This is a common method).
- Six to eight hours on one Saturday (This is the most common method).
- Six or seven Wednesdays.
- Three- or four-hour seminars with shortened content.
- Several churches in which we have presented our Ukraine ministry on Sunday have had seminars on Saturday.
- Other schedules can be considered
COSTS: There are some expenses involved.
- The church usually prints the study guides which are normally 36 pages each.
- The church usually pays for travel, food, and lodging if travel is involved.
- I do not have a set fee, but I do not receive seminar money from any source except the host church.
- I will try to present a seminar for any size congregation even if they cannot pay a special speaker.
If you would like information on hosting a seminar in yourchurch on How we Got the Bible, please contact me.
NOTE: seminars are also available on "Biblical and Scientific Creation" and "Specialized Studies in the Life of Jesus".